Two group-stage games were contested in the CONCACAF Champions League on Wednesday.
At Monterrey, Mexico:
Edgar Joel Barcenas scored the winning goal in the 50th minute as CD Arabe Unido knocked off Monterrey 3-2 on the road.
Group D Standings:
1. CD Arabe Unido (GP: 1; GD: +1; PTS: 3)
2. Monterrey (GP: 2; GD: +2; PTS: 3)
3. Don Bosco FC (GP: 1; GD: -3; PTS: 0)
NOTE: CD Arabe Unido defeated Monterrey 3-2 on the road on August 17.
At Heredia, Costa Rica:
Damian Alvarez scored what proved to be the game winner in the 78th minute as Tigres defeated CS Herediano 3-1 on the road.
Group G Standings:
1. UANL Tigres (GP: 1; GD: +2; PTS: 3)
2. CS Herediano (GP: 2; GD: -2; PTS: 1)
3. Plaza Amador (GP: 1; GD: 0; PTS: 1)
NOTE: CS Herediano gained a 1-1 road draw with Plaza Amador on August 4.