Nine games were contested in Major League Soccer on Sunday.
At Kansas City, Kansas:
Jacob Peterson scored the only goal of the match in the 50th as Sporting Kansas City defeated the visiting Portland Timbers 1-0.
Sebastian Lleget's equalizer in the 78th minute lifted the Los Angeles Galaxy to a 1-1 road draw with the Seattle Sounders in the hosts' first contest of the post-Sigi Schmid era. Christian Roldan scored in the 49th minute for the Sounders, playing their opening match under interim head coach Brian Schmetzer.
At Frisco, Texas:
Kellyn Acosta (56') and Maximiliano Urruti (59') each scored a second-half goal three minutes apart as FC Dallas blanked the visiting Vancouver Whitecaps 2-0.
Hernan Bernardello's equalizer in the 86th minute lifted the Montreal Impact to a 1-1 road draw with DC United. Patrick Mullins scored for the hosts in the 20th minute.
At Bridgeview, Illinois:
Matt Polster (OG-16') and Bradley Wright-Phillips (90') each scored once as the New York Red Bulls gained a 2-2 road draw with the Chicago Fire. David Accam (35') and the aforementioned Matt Polster (45'+2) provided the scoring for the Fire.
At Chester, Pennsylvania:
Javire Morales scored the winning goal in the 54th minute as Real Salt Lake defeated the Philadelphia Union 2-1 on the road.
At Orlando, Florida:
Kevin Molino scored twice (64', 83') as Orlando City---in Jason Kries' first game as their new head coach, upended the visiting New England Revolution 3-1.
Tsubasa Endoh (8'), Sebastian Giovinco (24'), and Joey Altidore (87') each delivered a goal as Toronto FC dominated the visiting Columbus Crew 3-0.
Chris Wondolowski's equalizer in the 59th minute lifted the San Jose Earthquakes to a 1-1 road deadlock with the Houston Dynamo. Alex scored in the second minute of first-half stoppage-time for the struggling hosts.
1. New York City FC (GP: 23; GD: 0; PTS: 36)
2. New York Red Bulls (GP: 23; GD: +8; PTS: 32)
3. Toronto FC (GP: 21; GD: +5; PTS: 30)
4. Philadelphia (GP: 22; GD: +1; PTS: 30)
5. Montreal (GP: 21; GD: +5; PTS: 30)
6. New England (GP: 22; GD: -8; PTS: 26)
7. Orlando City SC (GP: 21; GD: -1; PTS: 26)
8. DC United (GP: 21; GD: -6; PTS: 23)
9. Columbus (GP: 21; GD: -9; PTS: 19)
10. Chicago (GP: 20; GD: -8; PTS: 18)
NOTES: With Toronto FC, Philadelphia, and Montreal level on points (30), the Reds and Union each have more wins (8 apiece) than the Impact (7); Toronto FC have the superior goal differential vis-a-viv Philadelphia (+5, to the Union's +1); with New England and Orlando City level on points (26), the Revolution have more wins than the Lions (6-5).
1. FC Dallas (GP: 24; GD: +6; PTS: 44)
2. Colorado (GP: 21; GD: +5; PTS: 38)
3. Los Angeles (GP: 21; GD: +15; PTS: 36)
4. Kansas City (GP: 24; GD: +3; PTS: 34)
5. Real Salt Lake (GP: 22; GD: 0; PTS: 34)
6. Vancouver (GP: 23; GD: -4; PTS: 30)
7. Portland (GP: 23; GD: -1; PTS: 29)
8. San Jose (GP: 21; GD: -1; PTS: 27)
9. Seattle (GP: 21; GD: -7; PTS: 21)
10. Houston (GP: 21; GD: -3; PTS: 20)
NOTE: With Sporting Kansas City and Real Salt Lake level on points (34), SKC have more wins than RSL (10-9).